The Fox & The Crow Story

A crow stole a piece of meat from the kitchen of a rich man. He wanted to enjoy it alone. He flew out and sat in a tree. A hungry fox was also sitting under the tree. He saw the crow with a big piece of meat in his beak. He could not just sit quietly. He wanted to eat that piece himself. So, he thought of a plan to cheat the crow.

The fox said, "Good Morning, dear Mr. Crow." The crow did not answer. The fox said, "How do  you do, my friend?" Still the crow did not greet him. He kept silent saying to himself, "How can I speak. If I open my beak, the meat will fall down!" 

The fox did not lose heart. He said to the crow. "Hello my dear. Why do not you answer me? Why don't you sing a  sweet song? You have the sweetest voice I have ever heard. Everyone is so keen to hear your melodious songs. I love your voice. None can sing sweeter than you do."

When the crow heard this, he forgot about the piece of the meat in his beak. He became very happy and started singing. "Caw. caw. caw" The piece of meat fell down fell down on the ground. The fox took it up and ate it. Then the crow said to the crow. "Thank you for this meat. I will come again some day to hear another song from you when you have another piece of meat."

Moral:  
  • Flattery makes one foolish 
  • Beware of flatterers.
  • Flattery is a curse.